As a Bible-believing, non-denominational Christian congregation, we believe the following tenets of our faith to be essential:
- We believe the Bible is the infallible, written word of God Himself, imparted to mankind by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit through a myriad of voices yet, with perfect agreement!
- We believe in an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Eternal God, who throughout history has manifested Himself in three persons: God the Father, God the Son in the person of Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God in the flesh, descending from Heaven to earth to dwell among men, yet living a sinless life, and becoming the perfect, supreme sacrifice for the atonement of the sins of all mankind.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to bring salvation from sin to all, was resurrected from His earthly grave on the third day, and has ascended back to Heaven, sitting at the right hand of God His Father and interceding for us on our behalf.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has been given to the world by God the Father, just as was promised by Jesus during His time on earth, and that the Holy Spirit is a Comforter and Guide for all that seek to know Him.
- We believe in justification and salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross, and that to be saved one must truly repent, confessing their sins before God, asking for His forgiveness, and turning away from a life of sin.
- We believe the Bible teaches sanctification as a second work of grace, whereby we may receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, cleansing us from our sinful nature and giving us power to live a life free from sin daily, and empowering us to fulfill the purpose for which God has saved us.
- We believe in tangible manifestations of the Holy Spirit, but do NOT believe that “speaking in tongues” is a requirement or proof of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe what the Bible teaches on Divine Healing, generally understanding that it is better to trust in Almighty God, the Great Physician, for our spiritual, emotional, and physical healing than to lean on the limited capabilities of man.
- We believe in the unity of God’s people worldwide and throughout history, that the only qualification for membership in God’s church is to be saved from sin through Jesus’ blood.
- We believe in the Great Commission, in which God has Divinely ordained us to “…go into all the world and preach the gospel…”, and the purpose of our worship, fellowship, and ministering is to fulfill His purpose.